Also, Ramalinga Raju for FM
Posted by: Aadisht on: December 17, 2008
I have only one question for the people who’re calling for Ratan Tata to be Prime Minister.
Are you fucking idiots?
In the past few years, the Tata Group, with Ratan Tata presiding, has:
- spent money buying luxury car brands just months before the world headed for a recession
- completed an expensive purchase of Corus, and now has to worry about getting money in the middle of a global credit crunch
- started, and then abandoned the ridiculous Chai-Unchai concept of tea bars for Tata Tea
- further lost market share in mobile telephony, had to write off years of accumulated losses in Tata Teleservices, and is desperately clutching at the Virgin Mobile straw to turn things around
- screwed over small shareholders in the TCS IPO (wait, the Tatas have been screwing over the small shareholder for years on end)
- spent money putting up a car factory in Bongland of all places, royally screwing up the land acquisition, walking into a PR disaster, and then running to Gujewland, something they could have done to begin with and saved themselves much grief
- and, of course, most recently, cut down on security at the Taj Mahal Hotel a week before it was attacked
With this track record of incompetence, you want to make Ratan Tata responsible for the country. If you have to exhibit your desperation, why not just wish for the British to take over once again?