Raj Thackeray bitches about how bhaiyyas from the cow belt come to Mumbai, become cab drivers, and steal jobs from the Marathi Manoos. I’m not sure how he’ll react to this amazing story (TOI link. I’m sorry, but nobody else is carrying it). Here’s the summary:
- Shop assistant steals two kilos of gold from a Bangalore jeweller and decamps to Mumbai, intending to go further to Dubai and live a life of pleasure alone
- On getting off at Dadar, he gets into a cab being driven by a UP-wala
- Cabbie realises that shop assistant is new to Mumbai and drives him all over town with the meter running
- While in the cab, the thief tells the cabbie about his nefarious doings and his plans to move to Dubai
- Cabbie tells thief that he needs to get a passport and visa first, that he has a friend who’s a visa agent, and that he’ll take thief over to meet him and get a visa and passport made
- Cabbie drives around Mumbai with the meter running even more on the pretext of taking thief to visa agent
- After a whole day of driving around, the thief needs to pee and gets down
- The cabbie drives off with the two kilos of gold
- The thief is indignant and goes to the police station to complain about the theft of the gold he’s stolen.
- The Mumbai police check with the Bangalore police, and book him for the original theft
- The cabbie remains at large
The whole thing is like a Saki story. I love it.