Gideon Haigh has a rant on Cricinfo about Citi Moments of Success and DLF Maximums. (via Udups on Twitter).
Rather than just complain I think we as viewers should empower ourselves by giving our own names to boundaries. I propose the following names for fours and sixes for each of the teams:
- A four hit by the Daredevils will be called a Rashtrapati Bhavan and a six will be called Chandni Chowk
- For the Mumbai Indians, Girgaon and Malabar Hill
- Royal Challengers: Basavangudi and JC Nagar
- Super Kings: Luz Church Road and Cathedral
- Chargers: Khairatabad and Karuwansahu
- Knight Riders: Shyambazar and Beadon Street
- Royals: Arjunlal Sethi Nagar and Bani Park
- Tragically, the Kings XI do not have any special names under this nomenclature system
Admittedly, “What a magnificent Luz Church Road by Hayden” is a bit of a mouthful, and Chandni Chowk can be confused with chauka, but I think this is a small price to pay for sticking it to Lalit Modi (who incidentally has started reminding me of Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler).
(In case you didn’t get it – pssst.)